In today's small and start-up based business it is increasingly important to keep employee morale high. Maintaining high employee confidence is made even more of a challenge in the tough economic conditions we currently find ourselves in. With that in mind we decided to compile a short guide and some ideas to help increase your team morale with little to no cost.
It all comes down to the culture you create. Your business environment is a reflection of you. As the owner or boss you define the corporate culture by your every action and decision. This is especially true when you have a very small team.
Be honest and forthright. Keep everyone well informed. Set the vision and define the goals. Take the opinions and suggestions of others into consideration, and then make a decision. Stick with this decision and lead with confidence, the biggest mistake you can make is being wishy-washy. If you do not show confidence in your decisions, then why would anyone else? Encourage people to innovate, by taking controlled risks, and reward those that pay off. All in all be a good boss and a strong leader.
So besides being a generally good leader and boss there are many things you can do to improve your team morale. For more ideas make sure you listen to the podcast.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Flexibility, inclusiveness, learning - all business essentials: Ernst & Young (newswire.ca)
- Organizational Leadership Role In Achieving Excellence Final (slideshare.net)
- "Emotional Intelligence" another old concept with a new name board (slideshare.net)
- Who Cares? (kevinwmccarthy.com)
- How to innovate and reach success (startups.com)